|On a Walk With My Dog Pack...|
from small to large - not over inoculated!
In this article - vaccines and vaccination...
- Defining Core Vaccines v.s. Non-Core Vaccines
- Core Vaccines - Updated Guidelines
- Non-core Vaccines - Does your Dog or Cat Really Need One?
- How Does a Vaccine Work?
- What is in a Vaccine?
- The Serious Health Risks of Over Inoculation;
- Your Best Defense Is...
1.0 Defining Core Vaccines v.s. Non-Core
1.1 Core Vaccines
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) define core vaccines as:
- Vaccines that all dogs should receive to be protected against serious or potentially fatal diseases;
1.2 Non-Core Vaccines
The AAHA defines non-core vaccines as:
- Canine Adenovirus (intransal);
- Canine Coronavirus;
- Canine Influenza;
- Canine Parainfluenza;
- Lyme Disease.
2.0 Core Inoculations - Updated
The AAHA's updated guidelines issued in 2011 (includes the US and Canada):
- Recommends that canine vaccination be done every three (3) years.
- In these guidelines, the AAHA also admits/acknowledges that immunity for vaccinations extends beyond the three year horizon...
- Core inoculations such as:
- Distemper and Parvo are good for 5 or more years;
- Ardenovirus is good for 7 years;
- Rabies is the only inoculation is that usually mandated by law;
- In many locals, rabies is a 2 or 3 year inoculation.
Although this new 3-year protocol is taught in Veterinary Science schools, the majority (the number currently sits at about 60%) of practicing allopathic veterinarians continue to recommend annual re-vaccinations.
If your veterinarian is still pushing you to re-vaccinate your dog or cat on an annual basis you should:
Ask them to do a titer test to measure your dog's or cat's current level of immunity.
If your dog or cat was vaccinated when he /she was a puppy or kitten, he/she is likely protected for life from core diseases. The only exception to this rule (in a legal sense, not in an immunity sense) is rabies. The province or state in which you reside sets the protocol for rabies inoculations. For an example of a government mandated rabies protocol you can check this one for Ontario Canada, the province that I reside in.
Cat Really Need One?
NO. Non-core vaccines are not required.
Diet plays a key role in protecting your dog and cat from illness and disease...
- The problem is that most commercial dog and cat food diets do not support the overall health of you companion animal;
- For example, just because your dog is around standing water does not mean he/she will acquire Leptospirosis;
- If his/her immune system is fully supported his/her body can normally and naturally fend-off such threats, but;
- If your dog's diet does not consist of species appropriate food, and instead contains fillers including corn and other grains, chemical preservatives, genetically modified food, etc. your dog will not have the natural defense system required to protect.
- Support your dog's and cat's health with a species appropriate diet and a natural health regimen.
4.0 How Does A Vaccine Work?
A vaccine is supposed to protect your dog or cat from potentially fatal infections by disease causing (pathogenic) viruses (i.e. distemper). The vaccine contains a killed virus or modified (non-pathogenic) live virus. This is intended to stimulate your dog's or cat's immune system to recognize and fight that particular virus. After the vaccination your dog's or cat's immune system should then be able to produce his/her own antibodies to fight the virus.
During the period just after vaccination your dog's and cat's immune system is suppressed as it fights to acclimatize itself to the foreign antibodies. During this time the immune systems normal ability to reject common bacteria, fungus, parasites and viruses may be seriously hampered. This can result in increased susceptibility to acute or chronic infections, for example:
- Ear infections;
- Eye Infections;
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs);
- Feline leukemia in cats, and;
- Other chronic conditions including:
- Kidney Disease;
If your dog is suffering from a chronic condition or disease you really need to think twice before re-inoculating your dog or cat as his/her weakened condition may not support the further assault on the immune system caused by vaccinations.
Vaccines contain more than the active antibodies. Vaccines contain many substances that can wreak havoc on your companion animals' health....
- Toxins such as the vaccine adjuvant aluminum hydroxide (associated with causing neurological disease);
- Chemical preservatives which can also be endocrine disrupting and carcinogenic);
- Foreign proteins;
- Immune irritants;
- Mutated bacteria, and;
6.0 The Serious Health Risks of Over
Over-inoculation comes with a considerable risk of major adverse health issues such as those encapsulated under the term Vaccinosis.
6.1 Vaccinosis includes…
- Mild adverse reactions to vaccination;
- Severe adverse reactions;
- Long-term damage;
6.2 The following are some of the mild adverse reactions
caused by vaccines and vaccination:
- Fever and, other;
- Flu-like symptoms;
- Hair change;
- Hair loss;
- Inflammation and swelling at the injection site;
- Loss of appetite;
- Oral Ulcers.
6.3 The following are some of the severe adverse reactions
vaccines and vaccination...
vaccines and vaccination...
- Allergic hypersensitivity;
- Allergic uveitis;
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Behavioural change;
- Granulomas and abscesses;
- Swelling of the face;
- Neurological damage;
- Respiratory Disease;
- Weight loss, and;
- In breeding females – reduction of milk production, and…
6.4 And, finally some of the Illness caused by vaccines and
- Abortion – spontaneous;
- Autoimmune arthritis;
- Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia;
- Congenital abnormalities in foetus;
- Fetal (embryotic) Death;
- Hypertrophic Osteodystrophy;
- Cancer - Injection-site sarcomas.
7.0 Your Best Defense Is...
Don't allow your veterinarian to push you into annual re-inoculations. If you are concerned about immunity levels ask your veterinarian to do a titer test.
Support your dog's and cat's system from the inside - don't get roped into feeding a poor diet. No dry dog or cat food is nutritionally complete or species appropriate. You can go to the Index Page of my blog site and read up on nutrition.
7.3 Use of Chemical-Based Insect, Parasite Preventatives...
Chemical based insect and parasite preventatives are powerful pesticides that are toxic and carcinogenic – they tax the immune system, the renal system and more. You can read more about that here.
Use Healthy Alternatives...
Holistic Wellness and Behaviorist Services
Do you need holistic advice to support your companion animal's health and well being? Become a client. Book your consultation. My professional holistic nutrition, wellness and behavioral services are available to you:
🌿 Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕 🐈
🌿 Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
My Holistic Client Services are Available Worldwide:
🇬🇧 UK and other European countires
🇦🇺 Australia and other Oceania countires
🇭🇰 Hong Kong and other Asian countries
🇨🇷 Costa Rica and other Central American countries
🇪🇺 European countries
🇹🇹 Trinidad and Tobago and other South America countries
🇿🇦 South Africa and other African countries
🇸🇪 Sweden and other european countries
🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates
Available Holistic Consultations and Sessions:
📱 Facebook video or voice calling
Menu of Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕🐈
For more information go here.
✅ Maintain Health, and;
✅ Address Health Issues and Conditions:
✓ Treatment and Remedy
✓ Pre-Surgery holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Surgery holistic healing protocols
✓ Pre-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Natural Insect and Parasite Prevention
✓ Natural Treatment for Insect, Parasite Infestation, Co-Infection, Disease
✅ Custom Designed Whole Food Diets - raw or gently cooked, and;
✅ Advice and Recommendation:
✓ Premade Diets - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried
✓ Supplemental Fresh Foods - raw, gently cooked
✓ Super foods
✓ Treats - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried, gently cooked
✓ Alternative Medicines
Menu of Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
For more information go here.
In-person Sessions - available locally
Voice and Video Sessions - available worldwide
✓ Obedience Training
✓ Behavior Modification
✓ Psychological Rehabilitation
Affiliations to Companies
✓ I don't sell food or supplements.
✓ I'm not aligned with any companies.
✓ I choose to maintain my objectivity in selecting best-solutions for my individual client's needs.
Article and graphics by Karen Rosenfeld