This natural herbal cough syrup recipe is made with ingredients most dogs love. If your dog has a cough due to a viral infection such as a doggie cold or flu, this cough syrup recipe can help sooth your dog’s cough, and help fight the virus, without the side effects of, and toxins in conventional drugs!
Your Will Need
- Coconut oil – use organic liquid coconut oil, not solid coconut oil.
- Lemon juice, fresh squeezed from real lemons.
- Honey - 100% pure, natural raw unpasteurized honey.
- You can use wild flower honey, buckwheat honey, Manuka or another active honey, or an herbal honey.
- If you are making this recipe for a dog that is under 12 months of age, use pharmaceutical honey, not raw honey.
- Optional ingredients:
- Echinacea tincture, organic.
- Propolis tincture.
- If your dog is allergic to bees, leave the propolis out of the recipe.
- Turmeric powder.
- Slippery elm bark powder, organic.
- Mixing bowl
- Glass jar
- Mix the following ingredients together in a glass, porcelain, or earthenware mixing bowl
- You can double, triple, quadruple the recipe.
- 2 tbs organic coconut oil
- 3 tbs 100% pure lemon juice
- 4 tbs raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 tsp slippery elm bark powder.
- 10 drops Echinacea tincture.
- 10 drops propolis tincture.
- For a dry cough you can add:
- 1 tsp or organic turmeric powder, or 1” of fresh very finely minced organic turmeric root.
- You can give the cough syrup to your dog 1 times, up to 4 times per day as required.
- Small Dogs – 1/8 tsp, up to ¼ tsp per dose.
- Medium dogs – ¼ tsp, to ½ tsp per dose.
- Large Dogs – ½ tsp, up to 1 tsp per dose.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- If your dog has health conditions, or is on conventional drugs, make sure you check herb, and other natural ingredient interactions and contradictions.
Do you need holistic advice to support your companion animal's health and well being? Become a client. Book your consultation. My professional holistic nutrition, wellness and behavioral services are available to you:
🌿 Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕 🐈
🌿 Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
My Holistic Client Services are Available Worldwide:
🇬🇧 UK and other European countires
🇦🇺 Australia and other Oceania countires
🇭🇰 Hong Kong and other Asian countries
🇨🇷 Costa Rica and other Central American countries
🇪🇺 European countries
🇹🇹 Trinidad and Tobago and other South America countries
🇿🇦 South Africa and other African countries
🇸🇪 Sweden and other european countries
🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates
Available Holistic Consultations and Sessions:
📱 Facebook video or voice calling
Menu of Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕🐈
For more information go here.
✅ Maintain Health, and;
✅ Address Health Issues and Conditions:
✓ Treatment and Remedy
✓ Pre-Surgery holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Surgery holistic healing protocols
✓ Pre-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Natural Insect and Parasite Prevention
✓ Natural Treatment for Insect, Parasite Infestation, Co-Infection, Disease
✅ Custom Designed Whole Food Diets - raw or gently cooked, and;
✅ Advice and Recommendation:
✓ Premade Diets - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried
✓ Supplemental Fresh Foods - raw, gently cooked
✓ Super foods
✓ Treats - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried, gently cooked
✓ Alternative Medicines
Menu of Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
For more information go here.
In-person Sessions - available locally
Voice and Video Sessions - available worldwide
✓ Obedience Training
✓ Behavior Modification
✓ Psychological Rehabilitation
Affiliations to Companies
✓ I don't sell food or supplements.
✓ I'm not aligned with any companies.
✓ I choose to maintain my objectivity in selecting best-solutions for my individual client's needs.
Article and graphics by Karen Rosenfeld