| Safe to use as a short-term or
long-term daily dietary supplement, |
alternative medicine for most dogs and cats.
In this article - Aloe Vera Juice
1. Health Benefits
4. Side Effects
5. Drug Interactions
6. Daily Dietary Dosage
1. Benefits – a partial list…
- Digestive Health
- Aloe Vera contains nutrient compounds that help in the healing and soothing of:
- The digestive tract...
- Helps enable healing and repair of ulcers in both the stomach and the intestines;
- Decreases inflammation resulting from:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and;
- Other inflammatory GI tract conditions;
- Treating side effects of some radiation treatments.
- Immune System Health
- Aloe vera has properties that are:
- Aloe vera is a natural detox aid that helps the body to eliminate toxins and foreign pathogens.
- Heart Benefits
- Improves blood circulation throughout the body;
- Can help to reduce fat in cases of bad high levels of bad cholesterol – reducing fatty deposits and blood clots, found to have the most efficacy in cases with diabetes;
For daily use as a supplement with food:
- Add to food once a day;
- Small size dogs and cats - 1 tbs;
- Medium size dogs - 1/8 cup
- Large size dogs - 1/4 cup
- X-Large dogs - 1/3 to 1/2 cup
3. Cautions - Partial list...
- Use only 100% pure inner (leaf) fillet, organic Aloe Vera.
- The outer leaf is toxic to dogs and cats.
- Do not give to pregnant or lactating dog or cats;
- Do not give to puppies 6 months of age or younger;
- Do not use aloe latex as an ingested treatment for dogs or cats.
4. Side effects…
- In rare cases a dog or cat may heightened sensitivity to aloe, in which case aloe vera juice can cause diarrhea – stop use if your dog or cat gets diarrhea from ingesting aloe vera juice.
- Remove aloe vera juice from the diet two weeks prior to a scheduled surgery as its presence could interfere with blood sugar control during surgery.
5. Drug Interactions…
- May increase blood sugar lowering effects of some diabetes medications – extra monitoring of blood sugar levels should be undertaken and adjustment of medications may be required;
- May cause potassium loss if taken with diuretics for heart conditions;
- Aloe interacts with:
- Anti-diabetic drugs;
- Blood thinners;
- Some stimulant laxatives (i.e. digoxin).
6.0 Holistic Support
Holistic Wellness and Behaviorist Services
Do you need holistic advice to support your companion animal's health and well being? Become a client. Book your consultation. My professional holistic nutrition, wellness and behavioral services are available to you:
🌿 Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕 🐈
🌿 Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
My Holistic Client Services are Available Worldwide:
🇬🇧 UK and other European countires
🇦🇺 Australia and other Oceania countires
🇭🇰 Hong Kong and other Asian countries
🇨🇷 Costa Rica and other Central American countries
🇪🇺 European countries
🇹🇹 Trinidad and Tobago and other South America countries
🇿🇦 South Africa and other African countries
🇸🇪 Sweden and other european countries
🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates
Available Holistic Consultations and Sessions:
📱 Facebook video or voice calling
Menu of Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕🐈
For more information go here.
✅ Maintain Health, and;
✅ Address Health Issues and Conditions:
✓ Treatment and Remedy
✓ Pre-Surgery holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Surgery holistic healing protocols
✓ Pre-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Natural Insect and Parasite Prevention
✓ Natural Treatment for Insect, Parasite Infestation, Co-Infection, Disease
✅ Custom Designed Whole Food Diets - raw or gently cooked, and;
✅ Advice and Recommendation:
✓ Premade Diets - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried
✓ Supplemental Fresh Foods - raw, gently cooked
✓ Super foods
✓ Treats - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried, gently cooked
✓ Alternative Medicines
Menu of Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
For more information go here.
In-person Sessions - available locally
Voice and Video Sessions - available worldwide
✓ Obedience Training
✓ Behavior Modification
✓ Psychological Rehabilitation
Affiliations to Companies
✓ I don't sell food or supplements.
✓ I'm not aligned with any companies.
✓ I choose to maintain my objectivity in selecting best-solutions for my individual client's needs.
Article and graphics by Karen Rosenfeld