Bone Broth Gelatin (gel, jelly) for dogs, cats health is a nutritious, simple DIY health promoting addition to your dog’s and cat’s diet. The benefits of bone broth gelatin – also known as bone both gel, or bone broth jelly are numerous…
Benefits of Bone Broth Gelatin – Partial List
- Rich in amino acids and collagen
- Rich in glycine – bone broth and bone broth gelatin contain glycine
- Anti-seizure supporting
- Brain health supporting
- Blood health
- Helps in the formulation of hemoglobin
- Helps the bodies detoxification process
- Digestive Health
- Helps in the formulation of bile salts
- Supports digestion and secretion of gastric acids
- Liver health
- Musculoskeletal health supporting
- Supports skin health
- Proline adjuncts vitamin C in supporting skin health
- Stop diarrhea caused by pathogens – offer small amounts of bone broth gelatin (gel, jelly) every few minutes
- Digestive health
- GI tract upset
- Neutralize bad bacteria / toxins, aid healing of the gut
- Mineral source
- Protein rich
- Upper Respiratory Infections, colds, flu
- Chicken bone broth/gelatin helps to mitigate inflammation of the upper respiratory tract by supporting BUT make sure you use bones from chickens that were non-GMO fed, ABX-free, hormone-free raised.
Simple Bone Broth Gelatin (Gel, Jelly) Recipe
You will Need
- A large stainless steel pot or crock pot/slow cooker
- Filtered water
- Bones (see below)
Use bones without meat or bones that have a small amount of meat remaining on the bone.
Place 1 lbs, up to 2 lbs of bones in a pot or slow cooker – use bones from pasture raised, grass fed animals. CAFO raised animal bones do not contain sufficient collagen to support gelling, and the resulting gel will be nutrient poor.
To ensure sufficient gelatin include some chicken necks, heads, chicken feet, or fish heads – these are high in collagen which helps to create nutrient rich, healing gelatin.
Add only enough water to just cover the bones – the level of water may reduce during the cooking process- you can top-up the water to just cover the bones.
Add 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar.
Allow the bones to sit in the water /apple cider vinegar mixture for 20 to 30 minutes prior to heating the pot. If the ambient air is very warm only allow unheated pot to sit for 20 minutes.
Cook at a low heat for a minimum of 12 to 24 hours.
Cooking process is complete when some if not all bones turn to mush when pressed between your fingers. If cooking beef bones the total cooking time may extend to 72 hours.
When cooking is finished, strain the bone broth, allow to cool a little, and then pour into glass containers or wide mouth glass bottles, and refrigerate. Your bone broth gelatin can be stored in the refrigerator for a week or two. You can also freeze your bone broth gelatin in ice cube trays and give as a treat on a warm day. You can also freeze in glass containers and take out to defrost when needed.
Optional Ingredients for Bone Broth Gelatin (Gel, Jelly) for Dogs, Cats
Add a teaspoon of health-promoting, dog-friendly, cat-friendly organic or wild-crafted herbs, for example choose one or use a combination of:
- Cinnamon (use Ceylon cinnamon, NOT cassia)
- Summer Savory
- More here.
If your dog or cat is suffering from a medical condition make sure you check condition, and drug interactions before using herb.
How to Add Bone Broth Gelatin (Gel, Jelly) to Your Dog’s, Cat’s Diet
- Add a spoon / cube of bone broth gelatin (jelly, gel) to your dog’s or cat’s food once, or twice a day.
- Use bone broth gelatin to hide / administer medications (conventional, herbal, alternative medicines) to your dog or cat.
- Add some gelatin (jelly, gel) to a smoothie for your dog or cat.
- Use the gelatin as a nutritious treat between meals.
Holistic Wellness and Behaviorist Services
Do you need holistic advice to support your companion animal's health and well being? Become a client. Book your consultation. My professional holistic nutrition, wellness and behavioral services are available to you:
🌿 Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕 🐈
🌿 Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
My Holistic Client Services are Available Worldwide:
🇬🇧 UK and other European countires
🇦🇺 Australia and other Oceania countires
🇭🇰 Hong Kong and other Asian countries
🇨🇷 Costa Rica and other Central American countries
🇪🇺 European countries
🇹🇹 Trinidad and Tobago and other South America countries
🇿🇦 South Africa and other African countries
🇸🇪 Sweden and other european countries
🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates
Available Holistic Consultations and Sessions:
📱 Facebook video or voice calling
Menu of Holistic Wellness Services for Dogs and Cats 🐕🐈
For more information go here.
✅ Maintain Health, and;
✅ Address Health Issues and Conditions:
✓ Treatment and Remedy
✓ Pre-Surgery holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Surgery holistic healing protocols
✓ Pre-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Post-Vaccine holistic support protocols
✓ Natural Insect and Parasite Prevention
✓ Natural Treatment for Insect, Parasite Infestation, Co-Infection, Disease
✅ Custom Designed Whole Food Diets - raw or gently cooked, and;
✅ Advice and Recommendation:
✓ Premade Diets - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried
✓ Supplemental Fresh Foods - raw, gently cooked
✓ Super foods
✓ Treats - raw, dehydrated, freeze dried, gently cooked
✓ Alternative Medicines
Menu of Holistic Behaviorist Services for Dogs 🐕
For more information go here.
In-person Sessions - available locally
Voice and Video Sessions - available worldwide
✓ Obedience Training
✓ Behavior Modification
✓ Psychological Rehabilitation
Affiliations to Companies
✓ I don't sell food or supplements.
✓ I'm not aligned with any companies.
✓ I choose to maintain my objectivity in selecting best-solutions for my individual client's needs.
Article and graphics by Karen Rosenfeld